License #0673114
Get a FREE Worker's Compensation Insurance Quote

*First Name  *Last Name 
*Email  *Phone # 
Would you like to receive more info from us?
Worker's Compensation
Who is required to purchase workers' compensation insurance?

California employers are required under Labor Code Section 3700 to provide workers' compensation benefits to their employees. Failure to do so is a misdemeanor which is punishable by imprisonment and/or by fine.

However, workers' compensation coverage may not be required for some, such as sole business owners, business partners, and corporate officers. These exceptions should be reviewed on a case by case basis.

What are the benefits available to injured workers?

In California, the workers' comp benefits available to injured workers include:
  • Medical Care
  • Temporary Disability Benefits
  • Permanent Disability Benefits
  • Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits (Return to Work)
  • Death Benefits

What is the experience modification factor used for?

A workers' compensation experience mod is used in the process ofexperience rating. Experience rating increases or reduces the premium in a policy period based on the employer's loss experience in prior policy periods. The experience mod is unique to each employer and is calculated by comparing the employer's loss experience in a classification to the average industry experience in the same classification.

An employer qualifies for experience rating when its manual premium exceeds a certain threshold, which is approximately $20,000 in California. This threshold is determined by the Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau and changes every year.

How is my workers' compensation premium calculated?

An employer's pre-tax workers' comp premium is typically calculated as follows:
  • Class payroll (per hundred) x rate for each class you may have.
  • Any credits or debits, along with all state taxes and fees are applied.

CALL us NOW for more information and a quote

Gibson-Hadley Insurance has been proudly providing California car insurance to California for over 30 years.
©Gibson-Hadley Insurance Inc.
19510 Van Buren Blvd., #F3–236, Riverside CA 92508 Phone: (951) 359-0950